Thursday, July 14, 2005

Scuba Diving

Hey! Today I went on an introductory dive with Danny (uncle), Kaylen (cousin) and Patrick(step-dad)! It was a great experience! We did a short skills session in a hotel pool which I thought was okay but wondered how I would go in the ocean. Went home for lunch and then met up at the dive shop to gear up and depart! I stepped into the water (just like you see in movies) and crossed my fingers that I wouldn't sink with all my heavy gear on. I swam with my instructor (Luke-very cute) to the front of the boat. I know I asked him a couple of times that 'If I don't like it I can come back up right?'. He was really patient and just said Yes. At this point I was thinking 'All divers are crazy! There's no way I am going under the water breathing through a tube, maybe I can still get a refund on the dives!' I went under anyway thinking that I would go down a little and then come back up in a minute but under the water was much calmer and I thought I might just give it a go instead. That was our first dive sites- Stone house where we got to play with an inky octopus. The second was the Sheraton Caves where the highlight was a nice size reef shark. It was a bit scary at the start but I recommend if you are interested or curious at all you should be brave, suck it up and give it a go!

No comments: