Monday, June 01, 2009

Kelly Clarkson on the Fox roof top


On Monday afternoon I saw Kelly Clarkson perform on the Fox Rooftop. I was invited by my friend Nicholas who had called in and won tickets on the radio. It's one of those things you hear about all the time but never experience. With my friend Claire in tow we trained it into the city and I made our way to Clarandon St in South Melbourne (an odd place for a radio station, amongst trendy shops). We hopped off the tram, walked to a very normal looking office building (for a minute I thought maybe we were in the wrong place) and as if we were expected (all unknown persons expected?) were told to go up stairs by an usher/security guard. On the roof we gave our names, showed our ID and were given a plastic band for entry and drink card. After white wine and orderves (risotto balls, mini pizzas, sandwiches). Kelly was introduced by Aussie comedic duo Hamish and Andy. They were very funny and topped off their intro by singing her questions, backed by her band, emphasizing their non-musical nature. Her set was short and sweet with catchily engineered music and famillar songs. Nice voice, definitely a belter.  

No comments: