Thursday, June 19, 2008

And then there were 2....the trip ends!

So the road trip is over...for now! Time for some rest and relaxation!


Patrice left yesterday, the French gals the day before.


So now it is Ryan (a CSer from Detriot who joined us in Salt Lake City) and I. Today we went out to the Badlands National Park. It was beautiful. I thought it was nice when we arrived, it reminded me of the soft sedimentary rock and geology similar to Bryce and Grand Canyon. However, by the afternoon a combination of spectacular storm and white whipped clouds had rolled in, softening the light. The muted illumination enhanced the landscape. Ryan and I hiked a trail called the Notch Trail which he had done last time he was in the Badlands. It was unique for it's rope ladder. Walking through the landscape as the light shifted, feeling the cracked soil crunch beneath my boots, the Badlands seduced me. The view at the end of the trail overlooked a landscape that took my breath away and sent my camera shutter flying

No comments: