Friday, May 11, 2007


Welcome to Kakadu!
Kakadu National Park is listed on the World Heritage List both cultural and natural 'universal values' and covers a total area of 19 804 square km (half the size of Switzerland)!


The Kakadu crew and a big pile of poo...I only wrote it beacause it rhymes! It is actually its a Cathedral termite mound and an amazing structre housing a termite colony.


Swimming in a blissful pool and sitting under the pounding rush of a waterfall. That's me on the right!


Cara attempting to play the digerdoo! Interesting! I must say that digerdoo playing is not a foreseeable career change! Can be compared to spitting in a log really.


Aboriginal Rock paintings at the Anbangbang Art site in Nourlangie Rock.

"Namondjok, a Creation Ancestor, with underneath him Barrginj, his wife, and to his right Namarrgon, the Lightning Man, responsible for the violent lightning storms that occur every wet season. At the bottom is a large group of men and women with elaborate ceremonial headdresses."-http://www.ozoutback.com.au/



And so the 3 day Kakadu Wilderness Adventure was over....so we went out and partied it up in the extremely small metropolis of Darwin (when I arrived at my hostel I asked how far it was to get to the city centre...they replied 'you're in it')!

3 comments:

90114.net said...

Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Hey girlie! I just got your postcard today! Not sure if this is the best way to get ahold of you quickly, but I moved back to my parent' house last may(theres a story to share with you bout it...)! So when you come visit in June it will be at my parent's place, but they love you so no worries! I cant believe how much you travel! Looks like you had fun based on your pics here. Gimme a call once your in CA, which is tomorrow i believe! Im not working at all right now, so your timing is great(ill have to fill you in as to why)!!! 707.483.7350. Call me ASAP! ~Gina

BonjourCara said...

uuuuu