Monday, September 21, 2009

Still awaiting grapes!

"The Sun, with all the planets revolving around it, and depending on it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as though it had nothing else in the Universe to do"
-Galileo Galilei

"We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it only picking grapes or sorting the laundry"
-EB White

I am working with my cousin Naomi who is the Catering Manager for Lynnwood Convention Center. I am doing functions work, more or less large scale catering . It's funny, you travel half way around the world and the trolleys are the same, the butter goes in little dishes, the debates on 'is it too early to make ice water' ensue and there is always politics and nice people. I plan to be here next week and then...to Oregon!?! I am calling Lloyd every Monday to check on the grapes, silly grapes!

I have hung out with CSers twice now and have had a nice time. The first was a bicycle trip to Bainbridge Island. We took a ferry, I love loading onto ferries with a bike! First on! Then today, I basked in the beautiful weather that Seattle is putting on in Gasworks Park (activities inculded tightrope walking). This was followed by dinner at Mama's Mexican resturant in downtown Seattle and drinks on the rooftop over looking the Sound.


Upcoming Bumper Sticker business:
"Just lie to make me feel better"
"Don't hit that guy"
"No thing, No fling"
"You guys hanging out more?""For the rest of my life"
"What I meant to say is, this Teriyaki sauce is banging"

No comments: